The aim of the study was to assess the effects of OLIGOPIN® supplementation on bone remodeling in postmenopausal osteopenic women (then in the first stage of osteoporosis, affecting more than 200 million women worldwide).
Bone metabolism is an equilibrium between bone formation and bone resorption, thanks to osteoblast and osteoclast cell activity, respectively. The strength and originality of this study was to highlight for the first time how a French Maritime Pine Bark Extract can have beneficial effects both by increasing bone formation and decreasing bone resorption.
OLIGOPIN® HELPS INCREASING BONE FORMATION and DECREASING BONE RESORPTION
After 12 weeks of supplementation, the following was noted :
– An increase in P1NP (procollagen type I propeptide, a marker of collagen synthesis in new bone formation)
– An increase in BAP (bone alkaline phosphatase, a marker of bone formation in postmenopausal women)
– A decrease in CT×1 (C-terminal telopeptide of type I collagen, a marker of bone resorption)
– Resulting in a strong increase in BAP/CT×1 ratio (a marker of beneficial balance between bone formation and bone resorption)
All the results from the OLIGOPIN® groups were statistically significant, both from the T0 and the placebo groups.
OLIGOPIN® HELPS INCREASING COLLAGEN SYNTHSESIS AT THE SKIN LEVEL
As well as strong evidence demonstrating that OLIGOPIN® is an excellent product for osteoporosis prevention in postmenopausal women, these results also confirm previous ones which showed that OLIGOPIN® supplementation increases collagen synthesis at the skin level (2).
These combined results clearly highlight the fact that OLIGOPIN® is one of the best option to consider for enhancing collagen synthesis in the whole body.
Yannick Piriou, PhD, Research and Development, DRT PUREXTRACT®
OLIGOPIN® is a PUREXTRACT® natural ingredient produced in France. Thanks to Crystalpure© extraction technology, OLIGOPIN® contains more than 67% of OPCs.
OLIGOPIN® is a trademark of DRT ( Les Dérivés Résiniques et Terpéniques).
Should you have any question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) Panahande SB, Maghbooli Z, Hossein‐nezhad A, et al. Effects of French maritime pine bark extract (OLIGOPIN®) supplementation on bone remodeling markers in postmenopausal osteopenic women: A randomized clinical trial.
(2) Piriou, Y., Sirvent, A., Natalizio, A. et al. Nutrafoods (2014) 13: 123. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13749-014-0036-z